Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blog #1

The busts from A Show of Heads II were really amazing but my two favorites were Cristina Cordova's "Nave" and Tip Toland's "Deafening" for a couple of reasons. Nave has a lot of beautiful aspects to it such as the clay having the effect of tears coming out of his left eye, also there is something about the mouth and it's slight openness that I find very appealing as well as engaging. As for Deafening it just has amazing realness with the wrinkles and gesture of her face scrunched up while her collar bone sinks in, the teeth are a really nice touch too.

Meanwhile the two pieces I enjoyed most from the blog were Jomon 2000 and Jomon tall form. I enjoyed the first not only because of the designs but I really enjoy the form being wider at the top and the incorporation of the handles. The tall form just looks so intriguing with its design which reminds me of a woven basket and it's strange rim.


No comments:

Post a Comment