Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog 6


The first historic cup that I really like is the Cylindrical Vessel with Throne Scene from the 8th century from Guatemala. What I like about this cup is the simplicity with the shape of it and the size. The shape was a nice cylinder shape and the size was the right size for a cup. I also like that the painted scenes serve as historic documents. 



The second historic cup that I really like is the Skyphos deep drinking cup. I like the symbolism depicted on the cup with the warriors indicating the different environment and the breastplate and helmet representing characteristic equipments of the warriors. Also, I like how there are two handles position closed to top of the lip and on opposite sides of the cup.



The first contemporary cup that I really like is Nicholas Bivins’ cups. I like the modern futuristic look and shape of the cups. The simple line design and color used on the cups give it that modern futuristic look. Also, the outward shape of the feet and the rectangular shape handles adds to the modern futuristic look.



The second contemporary cup that I really like is Elizabeth Robinson’s mug. I like that it’s the right size for a mug. I like how the handle is positioned closer to the top. Also, I like the color and designs used on the mug.


No comments:

Post a Comment