Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blog V



This box blew my mind when I saw just how intricate and detailed it is. It contains several different levels and more boxes inside of itself. The gold leaf and exquisite symbolic animals add elegance and beauty. The tiny legs are perfectly delicate and yet hold the whole box up. Truly a masterful piece of art.



I liked this incense burner as soon as I saw it. It would be a lovely piece to have in a home. I really appreciate the crackled glaze, giving it a dainty and pretty appearance. The gold metal cover is gorgeous, and I like the idea of flowers from all four seasons. The black lines on the edges are a good element of the piece.



This piece immediately stood out to me, as I am attracted to nature, and it reminds me of a stone or turtle's shell. I like the way the lid and bottom meet, as well as the earthy tones used to color this box. It would make a great container for jewelry or coins.



The very name of this box ('Crinkle') is pleasant. I love how the lid is sunken below the lip of the bottom. This gives it a look unique from many other boxes. Green is one of my favorite colors, so this pale sea foam shade is lovely, especially how some sections are darker and there are white lines throughout. A fun little ceramic piece.

~ Ariella Hillger

No comments:

Post a Comment