Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blog VI



What an elaborate beaker! I think my favorite element of this, is the gray colors contrasted with the gold. I also really like how the bottom of this piece is shaped like a three-leafed clover. According to the article, this beaker was most likely used in the Burgundian court. This is indeed a princely piece. The story of the folly of man behind it serves to make it even more fascinating.



I love, love, love this tankard! I do not know why, but I have always found beer tankards wonderful to look at. Perhaps it is my German ancestry. Ivory is always a nice look, and the silver-gilt handle is aesthetically pleasing, if not entirely practical. I would love to have a piece like this on display.



I cannot describe how much I love this piece! The simplicity of it is delightful. The combination of smooth lines with its gray-white color is magnificent. I would love a set of these cups in my dish collection.



Again, another very simple piece. I am attracted to clean lines and light colors, so this cup is great. The title, "Copper Musings" is interesting and applies well to the design, I believe. A very earthy, neutral cup that would go well nearly anywhere. The rusty red and turquoise play off of each other in a pleasing manner.

~ Ariella Hillger

No comments:

Post a Comment