Saturday, June 2, 2012

Heather Clerf's Assignment 2

This piece by John Gill was one of few of his that I enjoyed looking at. I'm not a big fan of how abstract his pieces are, but I kind of liked this one. I like how it's bigger and comes out at points at the bottom.
Here's another one by John Gill. The mixed convex and concave angles make it really interesting to look at, and I like the more muted colors of this piece. I like that he was able to work the shapes together so cleanly.
This poster came up when I searched one of the artist's names. The tall white piece really caught my eye with all of its curves and how it almost looks braided. And it still looks functional!

Of the artists listed for the assignment, I most enjoyed Kristen Keiffer's work. I really like the ornate detailing on all of her pieces and how they look simple and elegant despite all the designs. Here are two pieces of hers that caught my eye. There were many pieces with a lot more intricate darting and detailing, but I like how simple and beautiful these two are.





No comments:

Post a Comment