Monday, November 19, 2012

bowls...


I like Paul Mathieu's bowls because the way he made and painted were detail and complimentary to each other, especially the way the lips of bowls are jagged. The first bowl made me think about a being in a flower garden. The second bowl made me, in a funny way, think about a broken egg.


The third picture features a bowl from 1486 and 1582. The scene presented in the bowl is based on a story from Metamorphoses (III: 138-252) where the figures are based on Marcantonio Raimondi. I liked the chosen colors contrasted with each other to give a sharp look. The bowl in the fourth picture is from around 1520 and was created for a customer who wanted hero and heroines of ancient times. I liked the soft and smooth colors, which gave a gentle and heroic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment